Join us March 26-28, 2017 in Rochester, New York
This year’s theme is Optimizing Your Role in an Evolving Profession.
To quote Nobel Prize winner Bob Dylan, “the times they are a’ changin!” Our workplaces and roles are changing rapidly. The growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) has brought new challenges and opportunities. User Experience (UX) design is becoming more and more important. All of these changes bring a host of questions.
- How do we transition to supporting the vast array of inter-networked computers and devices?
- Is there still a role for the traditional technical writer?
- What skillsets do we need to keep pace and stay employed?
- Are there soft skills we need to develop?
- Do we need to learn how to develop apps?
- Is knowledge of DITA or content management systems important?
- What are the new opportunities and challenges?
- Should we be interested in the Certified Professional Technical Communicator credential from STC?
Come to Spectrum 2017 to discuss these questions and more. Learn from amazing speakers. Network with techcomm leaders locally and internationally. Discover new tips and techniques. Learn tips and techniques you can start using today.
We are the preeminent regional technical communication conference. Enjoy the same quality speakers who present at international conferences. Meet these same speakers and have in-depth conversations with fellow techcomm practitioners and thought leaders.
Sounds like a great agenda, doesn’t it? We want you to be a part of it!
Please share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues in the field…submit a proposal for Spectrum 2017, STC Rochester’s 58th Annual Conference! Many presenters at Spectrum have gone on to present at the national conference, STC Summit (http://summit.stc.org/).
Note: You do not need to be an STC member to submit a proposal, and we welcome both first-time and returning presenters! And Spectrum presenters are eligible for a discount on conference registration.
Proposal Deadline: December 9, 2016
The Call for Proposals is now closed. We’ll open registration shortly after the first of the year. Join us!
Visit our Spectrum 2017 Website!