Join the Rochester Chapter, Society for Technical Communication Mentoring Program
• Do you have good communications skills?
• Are you able to explain technical concepts clearly?
• Are you interested in helping end users?
If you’d like to explore a career in a field that plays to your strengths while giving you the opportunity to learn new technologies, check out the STC Rochester
Forbes magazine recently listed Technical Writer as one of America’s 20 most-surprising six-figure jobs. The median income is in the high $60Ks. The Bureau of Labor
Statistics projects a 10% increase in the demand for technical writers by 2024.
Technical Communications is an exciting field that embraces a number of disciplines:
- Marketing Communications Practitioners
- Technical Writers & Editors
- Information Architects
- Instructional Designers
- Technical Illustrators
- Globalization & Localization Specialists
- Usability & Human Factors Professionals
- Visual Designers
- Web Designers & Developers
- Teachers & Researchers of Technical Communication
- Trainers and E-Learning Developers
We’ve designed the ROC STC mentoring program to provide students an opportunity to explore
a viable career field by meeting in person or virtually a couple of times each month with an
experienced technical communications professional.
The mentoring program will help you
- Developing your networks and increase your visibility
- Receive career guidance and job search tips
- Polish specialized skills
- Prepare for the move from school to industry
- Enhance your skills for career advancement
- Receive support for your membership in the Society for Technical Communication
How do I get more information about this exciting opportunity?
- STC Rochester Mentoring Program Guidelines
- Mentor Application Form
- Mentor Pre-assessment
- Mentee Application Form
- Mentee Pre-Assessment
- Mentor-Mentee Agreement
Chuck Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org