STC Rochester is a friendly, active communty…and you can join us today!
As an STC member, you’ll benefit from being part of the world’s only professional organization devoted to the theory and practice of technical communication. You’ll have access to:
- Discounts on educational events such as the STC Annual Conference, webinars, and certificate programs
- The opportunity to apply for STC certification as a technical communicatorOnline access to STC’s major publications, including the Technical Communication quarterly joinal and the monthly Intercom magazine
- First view of job openings at STC’s Career Center
- Free access to more than 100 archived educational webinars on a wide vareity of topics
As a member of the Rochester chapter, you’ll also benefit from
- A program of events throughout the year, including skill-building presentations and workshops
- A place to network with your fellow technical communicators and build your contacts
- Our popular annual conference, Spectrum, which you can attend at a discount
- The opportunity to enter, and volunteer for, the chapter’s annual technical publications competition
- Access to the Rochester group on My STC, where you can see announcements of chapter events and communicate with fellow members through discussions and wall posts
- The opportunity to participate in the chapter’s Mentoring program, either as a mentor or as a student mentoree
How to become an STC member
You can join STC either:
- Online, at http://www.stc.org/membership. Click Join Now to open the online membership application form.
- By downloading the Membership application (http://archive.stc.org//PDF_Files/stc-membership-app.pdf), and mailing it or faxing it to STC.
- By fax, to the number indicated on the form.
- By postal mail, to the STC office address on the form.
In Section 5 (Geographic Communities selection) of the form, choose Rochester as your primary community.
How to add the Rochester chapter to your existing STC membership
If you’re already a member of STC but not a member of our chapter, you can add Rochester to your membership. Each chapter you join costs $25.00 per year; you can pay either by check or by credit card.
- Download the Membership Upgrade/Change Form from the STC website, or from the link on the right sidebar of this site.
- Enter your name and STC member number.
- In the Chapter Signup section, specify Rochester.
- Complete the payment information.
- Submit the form to the STC office.
Find out more about STC
Go to http://www.stc.org
Find out more about us
Follow us through:
- Twitter (@stcrochester)
- Our LinkedIn group (STC Rochester)
- The Rochester group onMy STC
- Our Google Plus page