- Experience: Mid-Senior level
- Job function: Engineering, Training
- Employment type: Full-time
- Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
- Job ID: 99610741
Designs/develops product training and performance support solutions. Delivers product training to internal and external customers.
- Designs and/or assists with the design of Universal product training courses and/or product support solutions, in accordance with UIC course design standards.
- Participates in Universal’s Product Development process. Initiates Product Support Plans and defines Product Training deliverables. Fully supports the efforts of other product support groups. Champions ease-of-use and systemic product design/support solutions where practical opportunities exist.
- Keeps abreast of product changes; chases the details; and continually improves knowledge/skills as necessary to maintain expertise in all assigned products/courses.
- Maintains Universal Product Trainer Certification for each assigned course.
- Develops and/or assists with the development of assigned course materials to ensure training effectiveness. Communicates course design changes to all who have a need to know.
- Delivers product training courses to internal and external customers with a focus on hands-on student performance of the course objectives.
- Monitors student satisfaction through review of student survey data and verbal feedback.
- Communicates significant issues to the appropriate department and personnel.
- Independently maintains and/or assists with the maintenance of classroom, lab, and equipment to ensure that all are in working order to fully support the delivery of training.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, or technical field; MA/MS preferred OR seven years of demonstrated technical training and experience in Instructional Design/Development.
- Detail-oriented, independent performer, with a passion for customer service excellence.
- Able to analyze complex technical information and identify and document the underlying concepts, which can be used to facilitate learning.
Responsibility for Quality Procedures or Direct Product Quality:
Adheres to Universal Quality System policies and procedures and uses Total Cycle Time principles and standard problem solving tools to continuously improve work processes.
- Requires the ability to use a computer on a frequent basis.
- Position requires the ability to understand and interpret detailed documents and drawings.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly in giving presentations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with fellow workers.
- The ability to travel to customer sites or technical conferences may occasionally be required.
About This Company:
Universal Instruments is a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced automation and assembly equipment solutions for the electronics manufacturing industry. Universal provides complete assembly lines to EMS Providers, OEMs and electronics assemblers around the world, leveraging its portfolio of compatible and flexible equipment platforms that address the diverse requirements of high-speed chip and multifunction placement applications as well as component insertion. Universal Instruments is headquartered in Binghamton, with offices in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Universal Instruments is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer. Universal is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas.