Precision Content Authoring Fundamentals: Writing Workshop
Join Ron Hanna in this full-day workshop demonstrating prevision content authoring!
Learn the science and fundamentals of using the Precision Content writing methodology for creating effective topic-based content. You don’t need to be a DITA author to gain significant benefit from this introductory course. This one-day session will focus on the fundamentals of topic-based writing by focusing on:
- Five Information Types used by the author for classifying and structuring content
- Four Cognitive Principles for analyzing and organizing information more effectively
- Three Principle Questions to ask before beginning to write content that help to set up and plan your content with your reader in mind
- Two Language Arts we use to separate content intended to inform versus engage our readers and when and how to use them, and
- One Unifying Content Standard needed to support the writing process and facilitate effective collaboration across your writing team.
View more about the conference speaker line-up on the SCHED page
This year’s conference is held from Sunday, March 25 through Tuesday, March 27 at the Rochester Institute of Technology.