There’s a Flare Template for That: An exploration of the varied and adaptable project templates supplied “in the box” by MadCap Flare
Come to Nita’s presentation to explore your creative documentation side with MadCap Flare!
Session Description: MadCap Flare, an XML-based, single-sourcing documentation tool, is replete with “in the box” project templates ready for use by new and experienced users alike. They offer quick and effective ways to jump-start new documentation projects of all sorts.
- Need to create a marketing brochure? There’s a template for that—in fact, several.
- Want to create an online documentation library or support knowledge base that will offer a modern and responsive website-like user interface? There’s a template for that—in fact, several.
- Been asked to prepare a policies and procedures manual? How about an eBook? There’s a… OK, you get the point.
In this session, we’ll tour several of these “in the box” templates and explore how they can be (relatively) easily adapted. Even if you’ve never touched Flare, Nita encourages you to come explore its creative possibilities.
Nita Beck’s Biography:
Nita Beck is an independent consultant and owner of Nita Beck Communications, a documentation services agency offering information architecture, content development (including API documentation), editorial, and MadCap Flare design, legacy migration, and production services to clients worldwide. Nita is a founding member and manager of the Rochester Flare User Group and manages the Slack community MadCap Flare User Groups.
Other Tech Comm Accomplishments:
- For 18 years, Nita taught technical communication courses at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Nita has spoken numerous times at Spectrum and was honored to speak at four of the first five MadWorld Conferences sponsored by MadCap Software.
View more about the conference speaker line-up on the SCHED page
This year’s conference is held from Sunday, March 25 through Tuesday, March 27 at the Rochester Institute of Technology.