The Training Sr. Specialist develops, carries out, and evaluates training programs for employees and clients. The Training Sr. Specialist instructs employees in new technology, management, reporting systems, and safety; must analyze organizational development issues, discover where training would be most useful, and design effective strategies. Acts as department Subject Matter Expert.
- Creates and develops training curriculum and training materials based on proven adult learning techniques including ADDIE, Rapid Course Development, and Adult Learning Theory.
- Creates and develops training scenarios and updates comprehensive training environment data resources to ensure that systems training mimics the production environment systems tools used by employees on a daily basis.
- Works extensively with business partners and SMEs to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet learner and stakeholder needs and organizational quality standards develop qualitative and quantitative assessment tools to measure learner requirements, competencies, and organizational quality standards.
- Reviews and approves the training modules and coordinate with the team to bring consistency and alignment with training and work instructions that allow trainees to demonstrate competence in content and performance effectiveness.
- Develops knowledge transfer, team building, and provides effective feedback. Coordinates creation and implementation of the action plan in cooperation with the team to effectively utilize the training environment and systems resources. Communicates with Training team, and asks for feedback on how to strengthen individual and overall team performance.
- Reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed curriculums and recommend changes to policies and procedures as applicable.
- Supports the Training Manager with assigned duties and acts as the department’s subject matter expert.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent experience
- 7 years professional/related experience
- 2 years of training experience and leading a team.
- Demonstrated classroom management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills,
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment,
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously,
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Facilitation, presentation, and coaching experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience in completing monitoring reports, and providing feedback to staff and/or management as appropriate.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment
- Knowledge and experience with project management, CRM software, and/or call center telephonic tracking software a plus
- Knowledge and work experience with New York State programs (i.e. CHIP, TANF, SNAP, Medicaid or LTC) or private health insurance is preferred.
- Experience in multi-media development applications, such as Captivate, a plus.